Like other non-surgical skin-tightening treatments, microneedling treatment involves the use of a series of fine needles that lightly prick the top layer of the skin. The body responds to this by producing new layers of collagen fibres and elastin to rebuild the skin.
These controlled micro-traumas also stimulate the body’s natural healing responses. The increased blood supply to the treated area plumps the skin, further reducing fine lines and encouraging healing.
At Acorn Dental, our medical aesthetician can help you build a skin care plan and answer your questions concerning our top-of-the-line facial aesthetic treatments.
Microneedling uses the body’s healing response to rejuvenate and revitalise the appearance of your skin. The minimally invasive treatment produces astounding results, leaving you looking and feeling vibrant and youthful.
Just some the benefits of micro needling include:
• Reduction of fine line and wrinkles
• Smoothing out of the skin’s texture
• Reduction of spider veins and broken capillary veins
• Improved appearance of acne scarring, large pores, and sun spots
• Added volume to the skin
• Improved skin tone
• Heightened collagen production
• Lifts, firms, and tones sagging skin
Before your procedure, a trained professional applies a topical anaesthetic to reduce discomfort. You may feel a slight prickling sensation to the area as the short needles prick the top layer of skin.
Following your treatment, you may experience heightened sensitivity in the treated area that feels similar to a sunburn which quickly subsides. Some redness and swelling are also typical and may be followed by slight peeling. This dissipates in one to two days, leaving the skin revitalised and refreshed.
Because your individual skin care needs are important to us, our medical aesthetician works with you to create a custom microneedling treatment plan.
This includes a recommendation for the number of treatments necessary to meet your desired goals based on the condition of your skin prior to treatment. We typically recommend between 4 and 8 sessions for optimal results.
Although our patients typically notice more substantial results after their second or third appointment, notable improvement to the texture and tone of the skin can occur after only one treatment.
After this, with continued treatment and care, the texture, tone, and overall appearance of your skin will continue to improve over a period of 6 to 12 months. During this time new capillaries improve the circulation to the area, and collagen and elastin are produced, leaving you with glowing results.
Our team will provide you with a custom post-treatment plan and instructions to help you care for the treated area and maintain the beautiful after-effects of your treatment.
Post-treatment, you will typically be asked to:
• Avoid sun exposure for up to 7 days and wear sunscreen when going out
• Cleanse the treated area with your prescribed at-home care products twice daily, followed by a soothing moisturiser
• Avoid picking at any flaking skin and allow the skin to flake off naturally
• Discontinue sauna use and excessive sweating, including exercise, for one week after your procedure
• Abstain from makeup for 24 hours
If you would like further information click here.< Back to Treatments