Cosmetic dentistry refers to all of the dental treatments that have the goal of improving the appearance of a person’s smile.
These cosmetic dentistry treatments include those that improve the appearance of the teeth, lips, and the gums. In some cases, cosmetic dentistry procedures are done not only to improve the appearance of the smile – but also the function of the gums, teeth, and the lip areas.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatment/Procedures
- Teeth Whitening – Teeth whitening is one of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures done to improve the appearance of a person’s smile. Unsightly stains or discolouration are addressed with teeth whitening procedures, which can make smiles look much more attractive afterwards.
Acorn Dental Care offers teeth whitening with ZOOM teeth whitening, with the in-office procedure guaranteed to whiten teeth by up to several shades.
A custom-made mouth tray is also offered for home whitening needs, with significant whitening results to be expected after two weeks of use.
- Teeth Straightening – Teeth straightening is done to address the problems brought about by crooked or misaligned teeth. Teeth that are not properly aligned can have a negative impact on how the smile appears; crooked teeth can also result to a variety of dental problems, especially since it is difficult to efficiently clean all teeth surfaces when they are not in a properly-aligned position.
- Dental Implants – Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are used to replace the form and the function of teeth that have been lost. A dental implant, made of titanium, is embedded directly into the jaw bone. It then fuses (osseo-integrates) with the bone and becomes the new artificial root. The crown or bridge is then connected to the implant.
- Dental Crowns & Bridges – Dental crowns are caps that are created to look almost exactly like a natural tooth, and are used to cover the affected tooth – improving its form and function. A dental bridge is a fixed restoration, and is used close the gap caused by one or several missing teeth.
- Dental Veneers – Dental veneers are custom-made shells that are created to very closely resemble the appearance of natural teeth. Dental veneers are used to effectively deal with the improvement of the appearance of teeth that may have gone unsightly due to tooth decay, cracks, chips, stains, or discolouration. Dental veneers can also be used to solve the problem of minor teeth crookedness or misalignment. Learn More about Veneers>
- Smile Makeover – A smile makeover is characterized by a combination of two or more cosmetic dentistry procedures, with the goal of improving the appearance of a person’s smile. A smile makeover is done with the patient’s needs and goals in mind, to be able to come up with a result that meets (or even exceeds) the patient’s mile improvement needs.
If you are unhappy with the way your smile looks, you may be considering cosmetic dental treatment to improve the look of your teeth. There are a wide range of cosmetic treatments available at our practice, with something to suit every patient’s needs and budget. For patients who are interested in cosmetic dentistry but are not sure which treatment best suits their needs, we provide smile makeovers.
Smile makeovers make use of the latest technology to assess your smile and work out which treatments will work best to give you the smile of your dreams.
You may be looking for a quick brightness boost in preparation for a special occasion such as a wedding or important business meeting, in which case tooth whitening may give you the smile you’ve always wanted. Alternatively, if your teeth are gapped, crooked or cracked, we may recommend porcelain veneers, composite bonding or discreet orthodontic treatment.
Once we’ve established what you want to achieve, we’ll use photographs, x-rays and in some cases models to show you what we can do, and discuss the best treatments for your individual case.